Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town – Complete Details & Guideline
Are you looking to invest in a plot or a house in Bahria Town and a little worried about what to do next in order to acquire its ownership? Well, you have come to the right place as here in this latest blog, we are going to guide you step by step about all the property transfer procedure in Bahria Town Projects.
The property transfer process in Bahria Town’s project is pretty simple no matter you are investing in plots or constructed property. The transfer procedure in all the Bahria Town projects is the same though the amount of transfer fee is different for the different types and sizes of properties.
If you are a buyer and once finalized the sale price of the property with the seller, a sale agreement will be signed between both parties. As a buyer, you will also pay an advance amount to the seller, which is locally known as ‘bayana.’ However the remaining amount of the property is generally paid on the transfer date upon the completion of the entire transfer process.
Documents Required In the Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town
Here are the documents required from both parties i.e. seller and buyer
- Bahria Town allotment letter or transfer receipt (in case a letter was not issued)
- Clearance Certificate from Bahria Town Services (for houses, apartments, and shops)
- Two passport size photos of the seller
- Two passport size photos of the buyer
- Original CNICs of the buyer and seller
- Copies of CNIC of both parties
- Copies of CNIC of buyer’s nominee (next of kin)
- Bahria Town NDC (No Demand Certificate)
- Bank deposit receipt of any outstanding charges
- Bank deposit receipt of the transfer fee
A transfer set will usually cost you about PKR 800 to 1000 and includes the following:
- Duly filled Bahria Town property transfer form
- CNIC copies of the seller, buyer, and nominees
- Affidavit by the seller on PKR 20 stamp paper
- Undertaking by the buyer on PKR 100 stamp paper
How to Acquire No Demand Certificate in Bahria Town?
No Demand Certificate is also known as NDC is a document that contains the exact amount of transfer fee along with the details of any outstanding charges against the property. Basically, it is a document that is acquired by the seller and one can easily apply for NDC by simply filling a form available at the Customer Support Center of Bahria Town.
The concerned department usually takes about 48 hours for the issuance of this NDC. So, here it is recommended to apply for this document at least two days before the finalized transfer date.
Once NDC issued, it will be valid for 15 days.
What will you do on Transfer Day?
Both parties (seller and buyer) appear at their concerned Bahria Town head office to complete the transfer process. The details of further steps of the buyer and seller that they have to take on property transfer day are mentioned below:
- A buyer will deposit the transfer fee on the bank counter
- A seller will clear the overdue charges (if any)
- Next step is to take a token for the concerned counter from the token machine and wait for your turn
- Now submit all the concerned documents on the counter
- As a seller, you will be required to first sign the documents in front of the counter person
- If you are a buyer then you will sign in required documents in the second turn
- Both parties will be photographed at the spot.
- Two witnesses from both the sides will also have sign the transfer papers
- A Buyer will then give a pay order to the seller
- However, in case of a general transfer, a transfer receipt will be issued to the buyer
- Being a buyer of a property, you will have to wait for about 7 to 8 days to receive an allotment letter
Check out our site for more detail. Latest News
For any questions and queries, feel free to contact Universal Property Network.